Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Jeff is getting better!

Well it has been a long few days with Jeff. Sunday after we got home from taking care of my Dad in California, he was in so much pain that he asked me to take him to the ER. He had been in pain for a couple of days but thought it was just gas. Turns out he has perforated diverticultis. So at this point he is on antibiotics for several days, at least. He is feeling much better and his fever is gone. His white blood count is going down and we are hoping that he continues on the same path. That means that he has avoided a nasty surgery and will be able to recover and have the corrective surgery at his "convenience". (If there is ever a convenient time to have major surgery.) He says he wants to wait until after hunting and fishing season. We will see what happens. He is supposed to be moved into a better room soon. I sure hope so because I am staying with him and this tiny room is not comfortable. But, I'm not complaining. After all I have been through with my Dad, I am just s thankful that Jeff is getting better so quickly.

P.S. He is in Methodist Hospital in Sugarland.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam; I'm glad to see you on here. I love reading people's blogs.

    I'm so sorry you guys are having a rough time right now. I'm glad Jeff's feeling better though. Hopefully things will start calming down for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam and Jeff: I am so thankful that Jeff is getting better. I didn't know you were sick! I did know about Pam's Dad and I hope he continues to improve.

    I have not visited a blog before. I know I'm way behind. Love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the rough time lately. You will be in our prayers. Glad to hear Jeff is doing better.

    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam you need to send your Auntie all the latest about Jeff and your Dad.
    I hope by now they are both home and doing good. Bless your heart sounds like you have really had a stroke of bad luck. Things will get better and you will soon feel like it wasn't so bad after all.
    I love you'll,
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete