Friday, July 24, 2009

It has been one of those weeks!

It seems like I say that more and more these days. I am not sure if it's just the fact that it's summertime and the kids need to be entertained or my emotional state since losing dad.

Brad and I left on Sunday for scout camp. Boy that was an experience...and not one that I am ready to do again. But, Brad had such a good time that if he asks to go again I am sure we will go. I took Brad and 2 other scout friends with us. I have pictures to upload, but I don't have them here now.

I have been working on getting my pictures transferred to my new Mac computer. I am so glad that I bought it! I have had the best time playing with it. Of course, transferring information is a pain but I am getting there. I am now going to make slideshows of the pictures and put them on DVDs so the kids could actually see all the digital pictures that we take.

I get so frustrated because we take all the pictures and I am either not smart enough or not patient enough to figure out how to do the digital scrapbooks and stuff so I can put these pictures in albums for the kids to see. Now, with my new computer, it makes it all so easy! I have a sharing site so I will post a link once I get things up there that others might want to see.

Tomorrow is the memorial service for dad. I am both dreading it and glad that it's almost over at the same time. I never could have imagined the pain and how long it can last. I was able to make a movie/slideshow with his pictures finally but it has been tough. I am not at the point of feeling joy when I see his smile. I do feel his love, but I still just get incredibly sad when I see his face. Hopefully tomorrow's gathering will help with that some. Anyway, if you want to see the movie (it's kinda long) it is at www.gallery.me.com/pamgriffis.

Here's hoping that a houseful of guests make the weekend bearable.

3 comments:

  1. The memorial will be great. It will bring relief and closure. I hope the flowers Bev and I sent get there....I looked at your pictures above - your dad was a handsome man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am sure that the flowers will get here. Thank you for thinking of us at this time. I do pray for closure and I hope that time spent reflecting on our memories will help us all to heal.

    And thank you...he was pretty good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you today. I would have sent flowers, but did not know about the service until just now... I am behind on things-

    Just know that it's okay to need time to heal. Please tell Jeff and the kids hello from Oregon-
    Lots of Love-
    The Potter's

    ReplyDelete