Thursday, November 11, 2010

A year already???

What can I say? It has been a crazy year. I am so glad that I decided to take a chance on me and get the band. I firmly believe that there is absolutely no way that I ever would have made it 70 pounds down without the band.

There is a part of me that is a little disappointed in myself because I know that with only a few minor changes, I would have been at goal weight today and not still another 25 pounds or so away. But if I was going to be totally honest with myself, I wasn't sure this would really work. I have to say that my band has worked for me inspite of me, not because of me.

I have learned to live with my new eating lifestyle (maybe, each day is different). I still enjoy a cookie or some candy and please don't take away my ice cream. But I have made it a full year and know that because I have lost 70 pounds living my life and not being a nazi about food consumption, that I can live the rest of my life with my band.

I would call that a success! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! Life is short and we all have things that we could work on to "improve" ourselves in one way or another- it just takes courage, strength, compassion and lots of patience...not everyone takes the time to work on whatever it is that they want to change or improve- SO, here's to you for having "all that" and then some! You should be very proud of yourself!!
    Much Love,
    Laura :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with laura - here's to you.....

    ReplyDelete