Monday, December 8, 2008

I am going to try this again!




OK. I am going to try to start this blogging thing, again. I so enjoy reading Kelsey's, Laura's and Tonya's blogs. It's great to be able to keep up by the internet. Besides, our families might be interested in what keeps us so busy that we never call anymore. (LOL)


Jeff went deer hunting early Friday morning. He went with his friend from work along with his brother Allen and his kids. I understand it was pretty cold up there, but I was warm and toasty here so I can't really speak to that. Apparently, there was plenty of small deer but not too many large enough to bring home. So, Jeff and his nephew Casey shot some hogs. At least they were able to shoot something. I will say that I am a bit glad that Jeff didn't bring any of his hog home because our freezers were not prepared for it!


At the home front, we were busy too. Amy's birthday was last week so she had a sleepover on Friday night. We had 4 girls total so that was nice. She originally planned for many more, but was happy that her bestest friends could come. I played with Brad and Connie until it was their bedtime and they I turned over the living room to them. The played the wii until all hours. Man, to be young again. I am so thankful that she is old enough to just let her and her friends be. Of course, hopefully their text messaging didn't keep any adults on the other end awake! Man, I just don't get that never-ending text messaging these kids do.


Then, Saturday I took her to the nail salon and got her nails done. She thought she was ALL THAT! Saturday was her Christmas band concert. She is in 7th grade this year and is really becoming a young lady (most of the time). She reminded me of my junior high years running around with friends. It really warmed my heart, but made me sad in a way too. It seems the older she gets, the more I realize just how short a time we actually get them to ourselves.
On Sunday, we cleaned up the house so that Jeff wouldn't think we were total bums all weekend. Of course, I don't think he even noticed he was so tired.


Anyway, I am going to TRY to put a picture of Jeff's prize as a test. That way, when I have an actual picture of my kiddos I might know what I am doing (probably not though).
And apparently I will have to figure out how to get the pictures where I want them in the post. Oh, well. I gotta go for now. I will have to play with it more later.


2 comments:

  1. On my heck! Allen? I have not seen him since I was a little gal...I was SO in love with him. HA! I think I was like 4 or 5?? Anyways, tell him hello and post a picture of him sometime! I have added you to my family blog list so I can keep track of ya'll! TTYL-
    Tell Jeff I said "NICE BUCK"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both, Laura. I'm fairly certain I remember the two of us fighting for Allen's attention. Oh, and welcome back to blogging, Pam. As for moving pics, what I do is go to the tab that says Edit HTML and then I cut and paste the picture where I want it. Not sure if that's the easiest way, but it works for me!

    ReplyDelete