Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 3 and still counting...

Jeff is doing so much better today. He started a clear liquid diet last night and is getting to move to a soft diet for dinner this afternoon. The surgeon is happy about his progress and so are we. We finally have some peace with the nursing staff only to have the neighbor man move all his family in with him. Boy! Are they a loud bunch. But (and this might amaze some of you) Jeff is just taking it all in stride and turning the television up. I am kinda shocked that he hasn't asked me to get his computer for him but he has just been vegetating in front of the television for now.

I decided (as though anything is up to me) that this would be a successful trip if we could get him home by Sunday evening. It looks like we might even get him home before then. But we are not rushing anything. He is walking quite a bit and taking it slowing with his intake. I will spare the details but we have proof that his bowels are working again.

I guess that's it for now. We hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment