Thursday, January 8, 2009

Is that Connie cleaning the kitchen floor?

Ok. First let me just say that I already know I am a monster of a mother. I have been working on getting the kids more into chores and housework. I mean it surely can't be bad for them to learn what it takes to keep a house running...and exactly how that laundry gets from the middle of their floor back to hanging in the closet.
Unfortunately, Jeff and I leave for work so early and we do so much during the week that our current housekeeper/nannie has been showing Amy how to clean. Well, over the New Year's break I was doing something (very important, I am sure) and really noticed just how filthy our kitchen floor was! I mean I knew it wasn't getting as clean as I would like it, but I hadn't realized that the baseboards hadn't seen water in who knows how long.

So Amy and I spent New Year's Day and the day after cleaning so I could show her how I wanted things done. She really did it all in good humor, considering. (That should probably be a clue that I don't spend near enough time with her if she's happy even cleaning house with me.) Anyway, as we were almost finished cleaning the dining room floor, Connie wanted Amy to come play with her. I explained to Connie that Amy couldn't go play until the floor was done. She she asked if she could help her. Of course, I said yes!




And yes, that is a toothbrush in Connie's hand. But in fairness, we weren't cleaning the floor with a toothbrush. We were using scrub brushes to get up the dirt that had found itself in the linoleum. We were only using a toothbrush for those crevices in the corners the get the baseboards clean. Really, I am mean but I don't even think Cinderella had to use a tooth brush....

No comments:

Post a Comment